Three-phase inverter embedded with GaN power device
that can be used for various applications such as motor drive and grid
connection inverter, and capable to drive up to 5 MHz
This product is a three-phase inverter circuit GaN E-HEMT “GS66508B” manufactured by GaN Systems. The switching frequency can be driven at up to 5MHz, so it can be used for testing of high frequency applications such as wireless power supply.Download Leaflet
● Experimental hardware suitable for R&D use such as prototyping and basic experiments. The testing environment can be setup with no time.
● HGCB-6B-401120 has 6 units of GaN E-HEMT along with gate drive circuit and sensors to form a 3 Phase Inverter which consists of a substrate, heat sink, current/voltage sensor and a FAN.
● Gate drive signal and power source to drive each GaN power device are input externally. In order to use this product, it is necessary to prepare 24V and 5V power supply, wiring between boards, controller etc separately.
● It is designed to insulate the control part and the main circuit part.
● This product has protective functions from undervoltage in the gate drive circuit, Overvoltage/Overcurrent, preventive of each Legs ON simultaneously, and will not easily break even when the gate pulse pattern is incorrect.
● Since the design materials such as circuit diagrams are available, customers can modify to suit the application.
- ● Fast and easy setup for Testing Environment
- Since a gate drive circuit and a gate power supply circuit designed in accordance with the GaN power devide, and can be driven without concern for problems such as surge and erroneous ignition, it is possible to reduce troubleshooting time. And with both the signal circuit and the power supply circuit are insulated in itself users can have it switching by inputting gate signals and by supplying 24V and 5V, and thus reduce the time required for equipment setup. Use along with controller or Support Kit (GUI) that sold separately, the preparation time can be shorten.
- ● Wide usage for research and development using GaN devices
- Since gate signals can be indivisually input and driven for each element in the substrate, circuits other than the three-phase inverter, for example, full bridge, half bridge, chopper circuit can be easily confitured simply by changing the main circuit wiring. In addtion, it can be used for various applications such as motor drive and grid-connected inverter as well.
- ● Published Design (Circuit Diagram)
- An easy reference of the components and circuit configurations is provided with the attached circuit diagram. Design can be used as a reference of the GaN drive circuit, and modification such as circuit parameter tuning is also possible, which helps on design and examination.
Functional block diagram
- What kind of application is suitable?
- A versatile design with no limitation on specific application which is suitable for R&D purpose. As a result, it has been used to create experimental environments for various applications such as motor drive, wireless power supply, induction heating, electrical discharge machining and power conditioners.
- Is there a product that generates a gate signal for input?
- Controllers are available. Peripheral devices such as a sensor board are also available. Please see here for details.
- Do you offer academic pricing?
- Academic pricing is available for this product. Please feel free to contact us.